DebatiendoCuba
Buscas debates, al duro y sin guante? llegaste al lugar adecuado...te invito a inscribirte..

Unirse al foro, es rápido y fácil

DebatiendoCuba
Buscas debates, al duro y sin guante? llegaste al lugar adecuado...te invito a inscribirte..
DebatiendoCuba
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Conclusiones de un amigo después de visitar Brasil.

2 participantes

Conclusiones de un amigo después de visitar Brasil. Empty Conclusiones de un amigo después de visitar Brasil.

Mensaje por CalaveraDeFidel Jue Jul 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Well after spending 10 weels in Joao Pessoa, PB Brazil. I now realize that I do not want to live anywhere but in the USA

Brazil is too expensive and too dangerous to live there.

Everything that is simple tp do here takes hours or weeks there.

I could never afford to drive nor would I want to at my age

Just to go to the Bank means standing in line for an hour or more and sometimes 2 lines to wait in

I can go to my bank and open a checking or saving account and get a debit card in less than one hour

It can take weeks to get a debit card at a bank in Brazil

Many businesses will not accept credit cards

If you want to pay a utility bill you have to use cash and go to a special bill paying company

so

first you go to the bank and wait in line to get money from an ATM,  then you go to a bill paying company to pay the bill

I just go online and pay my bills 
A 5 dollar McDonalds hamburger costs 10 dollars in Brazil

My electricity bill at my apartment was $40.00 which is 3 times the cost in the USA

I read the charges and the cost per KWH of electricity is double of the cost in my city  but  then 27% tax is added

making it 3x the cost of what I pay
Buildings are not insulated and windows are single pane glass so it takes more energy for cooling

And to my surprise there are no screens put over windows and doors to keep out the mosquitos

I lost about 6 of my "friends" in Joao Pessoa because I brought them clothes from the usa that they asked me for and then they did not pay me at first and it took me texting them every week asking for the money.

I finally got all the money owed me but I was told that I was putting money ahead of friendships

because

I had lots of money so why worry about it  I told everyone when I first arrived that money was tight because I was staying for 10 weeks not one week 
but

they did not believe me.

The world cup made rental prices double  I paid $1500/month for the apartment
CalaveraDeFidel
CalaveraDeFidel

Cantidad de envíos : 19144

Conclusiones de un amigo después de visitar Brasil. Empty Re: Conclusiones de un amigo después de visitar Brasil.

Mensaje por Azali Jue Jul 24, 2014 7:15 pm

Aqui hay ciudades mas caras, mas baratas, para ciertos estados del norte las cosas son mas baratas que aqui...

Admin

Cantidad de envíos : 50947